Last updated: January 9, 2019
Your Rights to Dispute
Your use of our websites and our other services are subject to binding individual arbitration of any disputes which may arise, as provided in the Terms and Policies. Please read the arbitration provisions of the Terms and Policies carefully and do not use the Services if you are unwilling to arbitrate any disputes you may have with us as provided in our Terms and Policies.
- Personal Information We Collect and Purposes
- When We Share Your Information
- Legal Bases For Use of Your Information
- Your Rights
- Your Choices
- How We Protect Your Information
- International Transfers
- Contact Us
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND PURPOSES
The tables below explain the categories of information we collect and the purposes for which we use them. Please note that we may use any or all of this information to comply with the law, detect or prevent fraud, and to defend our legal rights. Further detail about each of the purposes is set out in the “Additional information on purposes of use” table below.
|Categories of personal information we collect||Purpose of use|
|Information you provide to us:|
Contact information and account registration
For example: name, email, postal address, telephone number, account user name and password, business contact information, and any information you may provide to us at an event or in person.
Identification and demographics
For example: date of birth, gender, nationality, ethnicity, interests, lifestyle information, photos, social media credentials, including identification information about friends, contacts or referrals you provide.
For example: when you save on the Services your favorite theaters, favorite movies or genres, or city or zip code theater preferences.
For example: credit/debit card details, other payment details (e.g., PayPal, Venmo), purchase history, delivery address, membership information, reservations, loyalty program memberships or subscriptions for companies or services other than Fandango, and the personal details of any of your guests.
For example: photos, videos, audio, and other information you may submit to us, such as ratings/reviews or comments on our forums.
Research and feedback
For example: comments that you send us through online forms and social media platforms, by email, over the phone, by mail, or in surveys.
For example: facial scans or fingerprints.
Audio and video
For example: audio recordings of a customer service call or security video footage if you visit one of our properties.
|Categories of personal information we collect||Purpose of use|
|Information we collect automatically from you and/or your device:|
Device information and identifiers
For example: IP address, cookie IDs, browser type and language, operating system, platform type, device type, and advertising and app identifiers.
Connection and Usage
For example: domain names, browsing activity, scrolling and keystroke activity, theaters searched, locations searched, movies searched, shows viewed, movie trailers or other advertisements viewed, forms or fields you complete or partially complete, search terms, whether you open an email, content you view and duration, quality of the service and interaction with the content, logs, and other similar information. If these events occur while you are offline, they may be logged and uploaded to us when you next connect.
For example: city, state and ZIP code associated with your IP address or derived through Wi-Fi triangulation.
We will ask for your permission before using your precise location from GPS-based functionality on your mobile devices.
|Categories of personal information we collect||Purpose of use||Sources of information|
|Information we collect from third parties:|
Information from public and commercial sources
For example: demographic and contact information, information about other members of your household, inferences about your preferences, loyalty program memberships or subscriptions for companies or services other than Fandango, and purchasing data.
| || |
Social Media Information
For example: if you interact with us through a social media service or log in using social media credentials, depending on your social media settings, we may have access to your information from that social network such as your name, email address, friend list, photo, age, gender, location, birthday, social networking ID, current city, your comments about the Services, and the people/sites you follow.
| || |
|Categories of personal information we collect||Purpose of use||Sources of information|
|Additional information that we collect for business relationships only|
Business contact information
For example: company name, your name, email address, and job.
| || |
Due diligence information
For example: contact information, nationality, job title, age, date of birth, gender, country of residence, employment and education information, public, religious, political or trade union roles, personal and professional affiliations, connections to criminal activities or offenses related to money laundering.
| || |
|Additional information on purposes of use|
Provide the Services, for example:
Personalize the experience, for example:
Send marketing communications (with consent if required), for example:
Provide a seamless experience across platforms and devices, for example:
Build and manage business relationships, for example:
Market and advertise for third parties, for example:
Compliance and risk management activities for business relationships, for example:
Protect our users, Services and properties, for example:
2. WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with:
- Theaters and Event Providers: We may share information so that they may admit you, or address customer service issues at the theater or venue, or help process your ticketing or transactions, or otherwise to fulfill the Services.
- Advertisers, Advertising Networks, and Other Third Parties: We may share information about how you use the Services and interact with content or ads to better tailor services, products, marketing and advertising on the Services and on third-party platforms. To enable these purposes, we may share certain demographics information, user-generated content, device information and identifiers, connection and usage data, geolocation data, public and commercial information, and social media information. These third parties may use their own tracking technologies to collect or request information about you, please see our Cookies Notice.
- Partners: We may share your information with third party partners. For instance, if you enter a contest or sweepstakes sponsored by a third party, we may share the information you provide for that entry with the sponsor. Depending on the partnership, we may share certain information including contact information (at your direction), identification and demographic information, transactional information, user-generated content that you provide, research and feedback, device information and identifiers, connection and usage information, public and commercial information, and social media information. We may also share your information with third parties that provide video locker services if you purchase a movie or other show to view at home. Examples of such a third party would be Movies Anywhere. Similarly, we may share your information with the providers of loyalty programs if you take an action in the Services indicating that you would like to obtain a benefit under such a program through activity on the Services.
- Social Networks: We may share your information with social media platforms for example, if you click on a Facebook “like” button on the Services, the “like” may appear on your Facebook account. To control this sharing of information, please review and adjust your privacy settings for the relevant social network. Depending on your privacy settings and actions on such network, we may share contact information, identification and demographic information, user-generated content, device information and identifiers, connection and usage data, and social media information.
- Service Providers: We engage vendors to perform services for business purposes on our behalf and share information with them to enable them to provide us with such services, including research and analytics, hosting, transaction and payment processing, promotion administration, fraud prevention, identity management, acquisition and other services. Service providers may use such information for their operational purposes in order to provide their services to us.
- Search Engines: You may be able to engage with other members of the Services or the public. This may make the name and photo associated with your profile and any comments or user-generated content you provide visible to other members of the Services or the general public. If the information is available to the general public, it may also be searchable by search engines.
- Law Enforcement, Regulators, Anti-fraud Coalitions and Other Groups: We share any of the categories of information we collect, as appropriate, with these third parties in order to: protect and enforce the legal rights, privacy, and safety of ourselves and our visitors; protect against possible fraud or other illegal activity; respond to requests from government and other authorities; and otherwise comply with legal process.
- Other Sharing: We may share information about you, often along with a hashed or masked identifier, with third parties so they may better personalize your experience with them and the advertising and other offers they show or otherwise send you and to determine advertising effectiveness. With your appropriate consent when required, and consistent with applicable law, we may share your video viewing behavior with third parties including service providers, advertising companies, analytics partners, and social media sites.
- Sale of Personal Information: Under California law, certain of the information sharing described above may be categorized as the “sale” of “personal information” under certain circumstances. To the extent that it does constitute such a “sale”, you may opt out of that sale through the mechanism described below.
3. LEGAL BASES FOR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The laws of some jurisdictions, such as the European Union, require companies to tell you about the legal basis for using, sharing, or disclosing your information. To the extent those laws apply, we may rely on the following legal bases:
- Performance of a contract: where use of your information is necessary to provide you with the Services under a contract, for example the terms of service.
- Legitimate interest: where use of your information is necessary for our or others’ legitimate interests and where the use is not outweighed by your rights and interests. Below are some examples of such interests:
- providing the Services
- improving the Services and developing new ones
- recognizing and better understanding our users, including across platforms
- conducting security and fraud prevention activities
- marketing and promoting our content and services
- building and managing business relationships
- conducting compliance and risk management activities
- providing and managing access to our systems
- Legal obligation: where use of your information is necessary to comply with laws and regulations such as those relating to anti-bribery and corruption and anti-money-laundering, complying with requests from government bodies or courts, or responding to litigation.
- With consent: we may ask for your consent to process your information in a certain way. Where we rely on this basis, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time – please see the Your Rights and Your Choices sections below to do this.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We will keep your information only for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes described above, unless a longer retention is required or permitted by law. We may delete or de-identify your information sooner if we receive a verifiable deletion request, subject to exemptions under applicable law. The retention period that applies to your information may vary depending on the Services you use and how you interact with them.
The Services are not designed or intended for use by children under 13, and thus if you are under 13 we ask that you do not use the Services or provide us with any information. If we discover that we have inadvertently gathered any such information then we will, to the extent required by law, delete such information from our records. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under 13 has provided us with information without his or her consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
Depending on where you live, you may have certain rights with respect to your information. For example, under local laws, you may be able to ask us to:
- provide access to certain information we hold about you, in some cases in a portable format, if technically feasible
- update or correct your information
- delete certain information
- restrict the use of your information
We will respond within the time period prescribed by applicable law. Please note that many of the above rights are subject to exceptions and limitations.
Some Services can be provided only if we have your information, therefore deletion of your information will result in termination of such Services.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, including authenticating you through the email address we have on file. We may require further documentation such as a password and user ID before granting access to your information.
Starting January 1, 2020, you may submit the following types of requests as follows:
- Request Categories of Information: If you, or someone acting on your behalf, would like to request that we tell you the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of sources from which personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information, the categories of third parties with which the business shares personal information, the categories of information about you that we sell, the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, or the categories of personal information that was disclosed for a business purpose, you or someone acting on your behalf can either click here for such request, or send an email to email@example.com.
- Request Specific Information: If you, or someone acting on your behalf, would like to request that we tell you about some of the specific personal information that we hold about you, you or someone acting on your behalf can either click here for such request, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request Deletion: If you, or someone acting on your behalf, would like to request that we delete information that we hold about you, you or someone acting on your behalf can either click here for such request, or send an email to email@example.com. Note that certain information about you will not be deleted if you request such a deletion, as may be permitted by law. Also note that we will not be able to provide you with certain Services upon a deletion. You will also need to clear your cookies and re-set your MAIDs, as referenced in the link.
- Do Not Sell My Personal Information: If you, or someone acting on your behalf, would like to request that we do not sell your personal information, you or someone acting on your behalf can either click here for such request, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also need to clear your cookies and re-set your MAIDs, as referenced in the link. For more information about how to opt-out of receiving targeted advertising from certain third party advertisers, please see our Cookies Notice.
Please note that you may be located in a jurisdiction where we are not obligated, or are unable, to fulfill a request. In such a case, your request may not be fulfilled. In addition, the above requests do not apply to Fandango’s Owners, who are currently NBCUniversal and Warner Bros. To send them requests, please visit their websites.
If you have any unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
Additional Rights for California Residents: Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which the Services have disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at Fandango, Attn: Privacy Officer, 407 N. Maple Dr., Suite 300, Beverly Hills, CA 90210. For all requests, you must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, email, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
6. YOUR CHOICES
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Mobile App and Connected Devices
Depending on the device you use, you may be able to manage your advertising and location preferences through your device settings and as outlined in our Cookies Notice. Many operating systems provide their own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. We do not control how the applicable platform operator allows you to manage personalized in-application advertisements. You should review your device manufacturer’s support materials and/or the device settings for the respective operating systems for more detail on how to manage such preferences.
You may opt out of location data collection on our mobile app(s) by managing your location preferences in the "My Account" section of that app, or by disabling the GPS services for that app on your mobile device. Contact email@example.com for information about how to opt out from allowing us to have further access to your precise location data. Please include as much detail as possible when you make a request.
You can stop all collection of information by a mobile app by uninstalling the app.
Third-Party Online Services
7. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We maintain organizational, technical, and physical safeguards to help protect the information we collect and use. These safeguards vary depending upon a variety of factors including the sensitivity of the information we collect and use. Despite all reasonable practices, no security method is infallible.
8. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
10. CONTACT US
We have separate policies for workforce data, which is governed by the policies of our parent company, NBCUniversal. For example, please see the Candidate Privacy Statement to find out more about the information collected during our recruitment process.